It’s been a little bit since you’ve seen a post from me, but I’ve decided early on to not make this a blog that posts for the sake of posting. This will undoubtedly hurt my readership, but during the season, I’d expect a good flow of happiness and/or anger as the situation dictates.
- CSN announced their schedule for broadcasting DCU games this upcoming season. So continues the process of showing fewer games, and not sending the crew (which include John Harkes this year) to broadcast away games. This leads to the announcers not knowing what the hell is happening out of camera view, and the inevitable poor audio mix that makes them sound like they are sitting next to you on the couch, nowhere near the game. Goff notes that there will be more games that originally listed on the schedule, but I am of the mind that there is no excuse to not be able to see EVERY game on tv. What are we, the Minnesota Vikings?
- DC United had their annual pre-season luncheon for United for D.C., their non profit arm. At the meeting, Ben Olsen intimated the Lance Rozeboom has earned his first contact, but no word from the team.
- Jose Burciaga has been released, so the oft-discussed LB depth situation persists.
- Black And Red United did the smart thing, and did their season preview much closer to First Kick. Maybe next year, I’ll do that.
- My favorite blogger in the universe (along with Drew Magary) Dan Steinberg at the Sports Bog posted DCU’s promo video for the year. I dig it.
I will be at the game on Saturday, though substantially further away from the action than I usually am. As a result, I won’t take the pictures that I’d normally take, and will instead gleefully pilfer the internet, and credit them properly.